Experience shows that ~80% of new silicon designs do not meet one or more of the major design goals.
Getting your new IC to market almost always takes longer than you anticipate - and the test development process is usually a significant contributor to that delay.
The test process is usually planed for like this…
But in reality it actually operates like this….
- The real test development process is an iterative, indeterminate, back and forth dialog between the test engineer and the design engineer.
- The process follows the above loop for every function and parameter that is not meeting the original design spec.
- The number of times through the loop and the length of time it takes to traverse the loop, have a direct impact on the time it takes to get your product to market.
- When the design team is located in the US and the test development team is located in Asia, the inherent delays due to time zones and sometimes language can significantly slow the process – at least by weeks and many times by months.
- Choosing Integra as a partner for test development, qualification and initial production when your design team is located in the US, can significantly reduce the time it takes to get your product to market.
Integra offers complete turn-key services for every post-wafer fabrication manufacturing step needed to get your newly designed IC to market in the fastest possible time.